March 16, 2020
Community Compost is continuing their services as usual. They have ramped up their cleaning protocols to ensure every container is properly disinfected, especially the lids and handles. They have also equipped their drivers with latex gloves. If you’d like to wipe down your lid or handle before putting out for collection, that extra precaution would be welcome.
Farmer’s market drop off can use the toter by the dumpster behind the Old Dutch Church.
If you need to pause your collection during the next few weeks please reach out. Also feel free to contact them with any questions or concerns.
Community Compost Co.
Sign up with Community Compost and drop off your compost at the receptacle at the Kingston Farmer’s Market. Year round!
Complete the cycle
Composting helps to complete the natural cycling of nutrients to the earth.
- Remove organic material from the “waste stream” and return it to the soil
- Improve the health of soil to restore our food quality, farms, and communities
- Provide education on the benefits of composting
- Reduce food waste through composting – as you separate food scraps from the rest of trash, you are more aware of how much food you throw away
- Develop new green jobs to improve the local economy
Our soil products are available through our brand Hudson Soil Company: hudsonsoil.com.