The Kingston Farmers Market is pleased to announce our 3rd annual Vendor Mentorship Program for the 2023 season. This program is intended to provide a pathway to becoming a vendor at the Kingston Farmers Market, with a particular focus on offering opportunities to individuals & businesses from marginalized communities that are eager to expand their business, but have faced obstacles of accessibility within market spaces. We encourage all local businesses that meet these credentials to apply!
Businesses that are accepted into the program will be receive:
- An allocated spot at the Kingston Farmers Market for the 2023 outdoor market season,
- Mentorship from an established farmer, business owner, and market vendor on market success and business establishment,
- A cash grant of up to $750 to be used to further business goals.
Businesses that are admitted to the program will be asked to:
- Commit to attending the market for the full outdoor market season (Saturday mornings 8am-1:30pm from May – November) either weekly or every other week,
- Actively participate in mentorship responsibilities, which will be defined collaboratively with mentor and mentee,
- Come with an open mind and willingness to accept constructive feedback.
- Develop a plan of action to expand and engage your business in and out of the market platform.
In 2023 we will accept up to two applicants into this program.
Eligible applicants are new or beginning businesses producing goods that meet existing market guidelines, are located within 50 miles of Kingston, who are seeking to use farmers markets as a new or alternative sales channel, and who can identify why they are a good fit for this mentorship program.
Farmers and business owners of color and/or from other historically marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until February 17th , 2023, and the recipient will be announced by late March, 2023.
Please send questions regarding this mentorship program to Foodaccess@kingstonfarmersmarket.org