The Kingston Farmers Market is pleased to announce our Vendor Mentorship Program starting in 2021. This program is intended to provide a pathway to becoming a vendor at the Kingston Farmers Market, with a particular focus on offering opportunities to individuals & businesses from marginalized communities that have faced obstacles to entering the farmers market vendor community.
Businesses that are accepted into the program will be receive:
- a booth at the Kingston Farmers Market for the 2021 outdoor market season,
- mentorship from an established farmer, business owner, and market vendor on market success,
- a cash grant of up to $750 to be used to further business goals.
Businesses that are admitted to the program will be asked to:
- commit to attending the market for the full outdoor market season (Saturday mornings 8am-2:30pm from May – November) either weekly or every other week,
- actively participate in mentorship which will be defined collaboratively with mentor and mentee,
- come with an open mind and willingness to accept constructive feedback.
In 2021 we will accept up to two applicants into this program.
Eligible applicants are new or beginning businesses producing goods that meet existing market guidelines, are located within 50 miles of Kingston, who are seeking to use farmers markets as a new or alternative sales channel, and who can identify why they are a good fit for this mentorship program.
Farmers and business owners of color and/or from other historically marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until March 5, 2021, and recipients will be announced by March 25, 2021.
Please send questions regarding this mentorship program to email@example.com