The Kingston Farmers Market mission is to support the community, socially, physically and economically; to provide access to fresh, local produce and related products from our Mid-Hudson region; to maintain regional family farms by providing a local farm market outlet; and to give educational opportunities to people that visit and share in our market endeavor.
The Kingston Farmers Market is committed to maintaining diversity and equality in all levels of our organization, particularly vending opportunities and Board member positions with full participation in policy formation and decision-making. We pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences and is inclusive of all Kingston and surrounding communities.
The Kingston Farmers Market stands with our BIPOC community members. We pledge to work to remove barriers to access to the Market for vendors, leadership and customers. We work to cultivate an anti-racist and anti-oppression culture within the Market community.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All vendors, staff, volunteers and board members, whether at the Market site, board meetings, or Market functions, agree to conduct themselves in a professional manner that fosters a sense of Market community and camaraderie, and a spirit of cooperative involvement that promotes the Market as a whole to the communities it represents and serves.
By participating in the Kingston Farmers Market, all vendors, staff, volunteers and Board of Directors agree to:
- Demonstrate respect for people of all genders, races, ages, ethnicities, and abilities
- Treat customers, market staff, volunteers and other vendors with courtesy, patience and honesty
- Not act in a manner that is rough, menacing, vulgar, profane or abusive, including making anyone uncomfortable to be within the market space
- Assist fellow vendors whenever possible
- Notify market manager immediately of any unsafe conditions and conflicts
- Resolve conflicts with respect and kindness
- Practice safe behaviors at all times, including while driving on and off site, loading and unloading
The market staff and/or Board reserves the right to remove any vendor, temporarily or permanently, who violates this code of conduct.